Moving may be one of the more stressful things in life. You have to be sure you don’t leave anything behind, that your truck is the right size, and that everything is worked out on the other side of your journey. However, these 11 items will ease the pain of the whole process.
- Stretch Wrap– Sure it might look funny at first but when you’re about to put your beautifully upholstered couch into the moving truck and seeing all the hazardous boxes that could scuff it, you’ll want some peace of mind that you couch will survive the move. The same goes for your nice wood bookshelves or nightstands or anything else with drawers. If this miracle wrap is not convincing you yet, or possibly intimidating you, watch this video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjd7Ue6eG4g
- Towels– Instead of packing all your towels in a box, use them to pack some of your
fragile items. Towels are a great alternative and a cheaper alternative to bubble wrap or foam sheets.
- Boxes– You have to have something to put your non-furniture items in. But there’s always the question of using storage bins instead of boxes. For the cheaper option, boxes are the way to go. Our recommended brand of boxes are Chateau’s.
- Forearm Forklift Moving Straps– These are no joke folks! If you are taking your washer and dryer, your refrigerator, or anything else that is awkwardly shaped or unbearably heavy, these will be a must have. They make the lifting easy by allowing you to lift standing up and distributing the weight evenly between you and another person.
- Protective Covers– That mattress will never be the same again if it goes into the moving truck unprotected. It will get dirty and tattered. So, to avoid that, use a mattress cover. This will protect your mattress from scratches, dirt, and whatever else could be on the floor of the moving truck. They come in all sizes of mattress and are also available for sofas.
- Lock– Most moving trucks do not come with a lock to ensure your items will not be
stolen so you’re going to want to have one. We recommend disk locks because they are the most secure. Then, if you need to put anything into storage you will already have a good lock to use.
- Ziplocs– The magical bags that save your life, time and time again. Your move will be doomed without these little guys. Whether it’s to hold the screws to your furniture, or little trinkets you couldn’t stand to lose, these are a must have.
- Labels or a Sharpie– Assuming you’re going the cheaper box route, sharpies and or labels are necessary. Making a description whether directly on the box or on the label will save you lots of headache and time when trying to find certain items.
- A Safe– Moving can be a little unsettling especially when you have important documents, cash or other valuable items to get from one place to the next. To give you added peace of mind, investing in a safe should be on your to do list.
- Dispenser Tape– This should be a no brainer but some people might enjoy getting tangled in the tape among finding scissors to cut the end, or heaven forbid, using their teeth. People! GET THE DISPENSER TAPE. It is easy to use and will be a giant time saver. Not only that, they are cheap. Truly a no brainer.
- Good Pandora Station– Yes, yes, yes. When you need an extra boost, Pandora is tried and true. For a station that isn’t too intense but still has a good rhythm, Arizona is a great station. For something that will surely give you a headache after extended listening time, Hard Rock radio will do the trick. Either way, a good jam is just what you need to get you through the last of your packing.